Contact Info / Websites
With version 1.16, there is now a new feature to use password style saving systems! Think of it like the old megaman days except instead of entering 16 characters, you enter several hundred (don't worry, you can copy and paste).
This save is primarily for people who have experienced saving problems in the past. There are just too many problems for me to troubleshoot between different browsers, operating systems, extensions, etc. So hopefully this will bypass all of that. Of course, you can use this to pass save files between friends as well.
Note: The User Time played doesn't save exactly if your time is under 64 minutes. This is to prevent one successful speed runner from passing his code around and then suddenly everyone has speed runner medals. I'll change the solution to this if I can think of a more elegant way to handle it.
========== How to use the Alternate Password System ==========
1. Open up a game and save at a save statue. The pass code you receive is updated to reflect your save file whenever you use a save statue.
2. After saving at a save statue, press SPACE to open the space menu. Click on "Get Save Password". You will hear a sound. This has copied the password into your Clipboard. It's the same as if you had pressed "Ctrl+C" over some text. You have the password copied.
3. Open your text editor of choice, in my case Notepad++ and paste your password. It will look something like this. Save that text document. That is your save file file.
4. Now in the disastrous scenario where your save file disappears. You can restore it by clicking on a BLANK save file. It will not work if you use a file that has data in it.
5. In the text field above the "USE CODE" button, paste in your password that you saved in the text file.
6. With the password in the field (assuming it was correctly copy pasted), hit "Use Code" and it will restore the save file. Yay.
========== Final Notes ==========
- Yes, I'm aware this is somewhat clumsy. If the regular saving works for you, by all means continue to use that.
- If you're experienced a bug with this, PM me. That's the best way to ensure that I see it. Please be descriptive and include all relevant details. Thanks!
(more as they come)